Leaving this picture of me back when i was in my first year of college. See how my hair looks super dry?
Covering my face because this photo is a major throwback.
Check out the after photo~
© All photos are taken by me, unless stated otherwise.
Hair is really a girl’s crowning glory and i’am very conscious when it comes to my hair. It’s usually the thing that i take care of the most. Back when i was in my first year of college my hair was very very dry and dull. If you saw my hair in person it is shock worthy. But after taking care of it even though i have had several hair rebonds i managed to make it look healthy and manageable! So here are some tips to help your dull and dry hair come to life.
1. Every night i use Human Nature Sunflower Oil. This was a real miracle for me. Before i had my hair Digi permed the stylist asked me if my hair was really rebonded because it looked so healthy. I had my hair Digi permed at Beauty Brick and everyone knows how Mr. Shin is really strict when it comes to perming your hair. He will definitely check if your hair is capable for perming or not. Anyway, I applied the product on my hair religiously every night and wash it off in the morning with shampoo.
2. Use a special treatment every week for your hair. I recommend Hair Treats Hair Spa “Tsubaki“. I think it was a good combination for the Human Nature Sunflower Oil since i noticed my hair became really healthy.
3. Eat healthy food. This is a must! Your hair won’t be healthy if you don’t eat enough nutritional food.
4. When towel drying your hair never ever — wring it with towel. Just gently blot it. Because it will create damage and frizz if you wring or rub your hair with your towel. When finished what i do is twist my hair after combing and let it air dry.
5. Apply Hair serum. Ever since a stylist at the recent salon i went to introduced me to hair serums i never looked back. These babies protect your hair from pollution, humidity, heat and styling products. Jessica Jung from Girl’s Generation has hair to die for. She shares her hair tip from her recent Beauty + Magazine interview.
” Beauty + : I assume your hair would become fried from constant dyeing and/or perms. How do you take care of it?
Jessica: When I wash my hair at home, I apply hair oil while my hair is still wet. Then when I dry it, my hair flows more and seems to be [in] better [condition]. The nutrients soak in effectively, and protect my hair from various damage.” – Beauty + Magazine
6. Choose a good shampoo and conditioner, I use L’Oreal for my shampoo it definitely gave my hair a healthy shine and made it more sleek and manageable. For conditioner i use Dove, in my opinion i think their products are really good when it comes to conditioners. I usually use the Dove Nourishing Oil Care because it smells soooo good. I remember one time, my friend had to follow me around one day at school to just smell my hair and flip it. Lol. That’s hella advertising, People!
7. Don’t be rough when combing your hair.
8. Go easy on the treatments. I know you can’t stand not having your hair pampered in the salon but let your hair rest from styling and heating products for 3-6 months, especially if it’s damaged and your hair will thank you.
9. Be consistent. Having healthy and beautiful hair doesn’t happen overnight. I’ve been consistently getting treatments from different salons and my hair still looks healthy and nice. So be very religious when it comes to taking care of your crowning glory.
Ending this post with my Hairspiration Jessica!~
Note that, What may work for me, May not work for you. Because, each of us has different hair types. But it doesn’t hurt to try right? “Prevention is better than cure” as they say.
Image sources: Google